Saturday, January 5, 2013

Colors Around the House: Soft

Announcer: "And we're back with the second installment in our Colors Around the House series!"

This time I found things that seemed to be rather soft, gentle, and fluffy. I think I might start making each post have a specific theme for what things I pick and find. For this post, I found a creme-colored pleated skirt, one of my many Hello Kitty dolls, and my hunter hat.

I'm quite in love with the muted, soft tones of this picture.

I bought this skirt from Urban Outfitters this past summer. I loved the pleats and the soft, elegant color of the skirt itself. I thought it would be a perfect staple in my closet. I've worn it many times, but the weather has been far too cold lately for this thin little skirt. To match the soft creme of the skirt and its subtle flashes of pinkier/peachier tones, I picked out Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Vintage Lace, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Recess, and MAC Eyeshadow in Naked Lunch. I think Vintage Lace is literally my skirt in eyeshadow form. The pattern on the eyeshadow pan helps with the effect as well.

It's all about the pink with Hello Kitty.

I was quite an avid collector of Hello Kitty in my childhood, supplied mainly by my mom but also by everyone in my family. I was obsessed. But as I grew up, I started branching out to other interests and characters (like Domo) and Hello Kitty fell by the wayside. I didn't play with my dolls as much. Though now I still have to sleep in Hello Kitty sheets, dolls, and pillows...because well, I can't really get rid of them. This was one of my favorite dolls, because of its fluffiness and how it was Hello Kitty in her simplest, most well-known outfit. I focused on the two pinks and picked out The Body Shop's Born Lippy in Strawberry, Tarina Tarantino Lipstick in Showroom, and Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop.

Don't you just want to run your fingers through that furriness?

This hunter's hat was basically my BFF in 9th through 10th grade. My dad got it for me from a trip to NYC and I was ecstatic. The faux fur was so soft and smooth and the pattern reminded me of tweed jackets. I've since abandoned this for less-obnoxious beanies, but I think I might give this hat a second chance. I wanted to duplicate the warm patches in the fur with MAC's Cocomotion pigment, and also the two colors in the pattern with Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Rich Sable and a gray-beige like Benefit's Birthday Suit.


I'm digging the Cream Pleats trio, reminds me of soft linens. So I'm getting back into the swing of things with this blog, hallelujah! I'm falling back in love with blogging again. :) What objects or products have been striking inspiration for you recently? Or, what have you been rediscovering lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment