Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Today was Thanksgiving for us Americans. My relatives came over to our little apartment to take part in my mom's annual turkey feast. The air was filled with warmth, conversation, and laughter. I always look forward to this day every year. I'm so very thankful for my family, friends, food, and the roof above my head. 

My mom's never-dry turkey.
Accidentally bought pre-sliced ham this year, oh well.
Surf clam sashimi and garlic + sesame oil-tossed green beans -- there's always a few Asian dishes.
My brother carving the turkey.
My little plate of food.
Almost full!

Cousins brought over homemade creme brulee, yesss!
Of course my brother and I had to do one of those "re-do" photos. I was probably 4 or 5 in that picture. I crouched instead of tip-toeing hahaha. My, have we grown.

It was nice to take a day off and just cook and eat and relax. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with your loved ones (that is, if you celebrate it). What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment