Monday, August 27, 2012

Instant Happiness

I went to HMart (a Korean supermarket) this past weekend for the first time in forever. HMart is always so generous in giving free samples for customers to try. I went out on a mission to try all their offerings on the floor. I sampled udon noodles, dumplings, more dumplings, some salad, and a bunch of other things. As long as it was food and free, I shoved it all into my mouth. I was in heaven. Delicious, Korean heaven.

And then I found this.
And I sampled it.
And I threw it into my shopping cart.

It? What is it? It is this. This. This is instant tteokbokki. *cue dramatic the heavens have cleared music*



From my experience, actual tteokbokki usually consists of rice cakes, fish cakes, and sometimes cheese and noodles, all covered in a sweet and spicy sauce. It is a magnificent concoction, and I cannot make it. I've tried...and failed so so miserably. So when I saw this, I was immediately drawn to its microwavable (!!!!) capability. Whoever thought up this idea is a damn genius.



The little pack comes with a bowl, rice cakes, sauce, and a cute little fork. The bowl has a lid with a whole in the middle for steam to circulate. Following the instructions on the sleeve, I prepared to devour this spicy, chewy goodness.



First, you dump the rice cakes into the bowl. Then, you add the sauce. I only used half of the sauce packet and that was more than enough. Lastly, you put the lid back on and pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. You take it out, mix it all up, and dig in!



I can only imagine how healthy this is for you, but all in moderation, right? I shared this with my mom. It's nice to satisfy those occasional, sudden cravings once in a while! ;)

Also, I made a new banner! How does it look? I'd been wanting to make a new one for a while, but never got to it until yesterday. Still not very satisfied with it, but it will do for now until I make one with actual polka dots! Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment