Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Coral

A while back I found this picture of the beautiful Chinese model, Liu Wen. I was instantly drawn to her makeup look. It's so fresh-faced and radiant. I fell in love with the eyes. The dark clumpy lashes contrasted so well with the glowy coral/tangerine eyeshadow. It's such a simple look, but something about it is so magical.

 

And so I decided to try and recreate the look. It's perfect for summer, and I also wanted to find out if orangey eyeshadow would look good on me. I don't actually have a tangerine/coral eyeshadow (though now that I found this look, I'd love to own one), so I made due with a blush: MAC Springsheen.

 

I just used my fingers for this look. First, I patted on Springsheen to get as much of the color as possible. Then I added on L'Oreal Iced Latte to the center of my lids, my browbone, and my inner tearducts. I also purposely didn't curl my lashes up too much so that it would have a more natural effect. I piled on a bunch of mascara, but I didn't want them to clump. I put on a little bit of black eyeliner on my bottom lashline and smudged it to get a somewhat softer look. 

Upon finishing it all, I stepped back from the mirror and my jaw literally dropped at how beautifully glowy it was. I was seriously amazed. SeriouslyHere are some full-faced shots. Been a while, hasn't it? I got quite tan as you can tell. Oh, and of course, a silly face is necessary.


Products I used:
-Avon Big Color Eye Pencil in Floraluscious
-MAC Blush in Springsheen (as an eyeshadow AND as blush)
-L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte
-Maybelline XXL Pro Volume Mascara in Very Black
-Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black
-NARS Lipstick in Flamenco

If only my camera could capture how amazingly glowy and eye-brightening it was! This is definitely going to be my go-to eye look this summer. It was so simple and clean too. Hope you'll all have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment