Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lace and Blue

I volunteered as an usher at the Harvard Commencement today, so I had to dress up all nicely! We all had to wear a white top and a black/dark blue bottom. It was nice to see us all (me and my classmates) dressed up in (almost) uniform. We had to get to school by 6 AM and get on bus to go there, though, which was quite enjoyable, to say the least. Anyway, I thought my outfit looked quite nice (the contrast between textures and patterns), so I wanted to share it with you!

The lace top was so nice and flowy, I felt like a butterfly! It's actually my mom's. I don't really have nice white tops so I scoped this one out. Love the lacy details on it. It was really flowy up top so I balanced the outfit out with a pencil skirt. It's probably the best quality and most professional skirt I own, and I got it for a steal at J. Crew! I really dig the pattern and color of it.




Full outfit shot! I tried to pose for this one...I think I might need some modeling tips. But oh my, this is one really awkwardly unattractive picture of my leg. I probably shouldn't have leaned my calf muscle onto the other leg...it looks HUGE! Hahaha!



And then my hair! I french braided my bangs up and then braided it regularly toward the back and tied it up in a ponytail. I always get so many compliments when I do this, but it's so simple! 



I felt so official today: I got a Harvard "Commencement Monitor" ribbon to wear/keep and I got to take a program home with me. I handed out and placed the programs and did the usual "ushering duties." It was really fun and awe-inspiring seeing so many smart people. The amount of PhD's during that march, holy crap! It makes me feel a little sad because I know I'm never going to go to Harvard -- not not not smart enough AT ALL. These people are all geniuses, my goodness.

But it's nice to wistfully think sometimes, right? HA!


Top: Macy's, Skirt: J. Crew, Tights: H&M, Flats: Payless

After finishing my commencement duties, I went to IHOP with my friend. This was my first time ever going there and I have to say, that place is diabetes in restaurant form. But...it...was...soooo...GOOD. Mmmm, pancakes...and bacon...mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment