Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tooting this Frutti Lip Balm

Revlon's Tutti Frutti Colorburst Lip Butter.

Yum?

First off, for some reason, I really really really like the color of the cap -- I really don't know why I like the color this much. I also like how it's matte. I love matte-textured things. And of course, the quilting. Basically, I really like the packaging of this. Props to the Revlon design team, yo.


I went into CVS a couple weeks back to get some Revlon Lip Butters. I had heard all the raves about these, so I thought I should give them a try. The display had quite a plethora of shades, but none of them really caught my attention...except Tutti Frutti. It was a nice, bright orange amongst a sea of pinks. I already had too many pink lipsticks, so I decided to settle with this.


Aside from the packaging, I have to say that I don't really think this product is as amazing and life-changing as it was raved to be. Indeed it is smooth and relatively moisturizing, but really, a lot of lipsticks offer that. Essentially, this "lip butter" is like another lipstick to me. I might just be a little put-off by the hype of this product, maybe I'll love it with a couple more uses, but at the moment...I'm not really feeling it that much. I like it, but I don't love it enough to tell everyone to "go out and get them right now before they're gone!"


It is indeed, quite orange. But somehow, it kind of works on my complexion? Hmmm, perhaps I should have gotten a more wearable color...

No comments:

Post a Comment